Procurement Manager– Kigutu Hospital Project
Location: New York City and Kigutu, Burundi
Village Health Works (VHW) is a joint American-Burundian NGO based in Kigutu, Bururi Province whose mission is to provide quality, compassionate health care in a dignified environment while treating the root causes of illness, poverty, violence, and neglect in collaboration with those we serve. VHW’s approach integrates clinical services with education, food security, economic development, environmental protection, music and the arts.
Village Health Works has embarked on an ambitious project to build a District Level Hospital that will be a foundation for educational, training and research programs. The 150-bed facility will provide comprehensive medical care focusing on establishing surgical and obstetrical services in the region and developing the capacity to provide specialty clinical services not currently available in Burundi.
We are seeking to hire a Procurement Manager for the Kigutu Hospital Project. They will be responsible for the procurement of the materials and equipment necessary for the operation of the hospital, slated to open in early 2019. They will manage the full lifecycle of this work – from gathering of proforma price estimates, shipping logistics, customs and clearing processes, and delivery to VHW Kigutu. It is anticipated that this position will be based initially from VHW’s New York City office and eventually, be a full-time residential position based in Kigutu, Burundi.
Liaises primarily with:
- Clinical Director of the Kigutu Hospital Project, Finance and Operations teams
- Vendors and Medical Supply Relief Organizations
- Local Burundian procurement team and officers
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Design and curate procurement matrix for all equipment required to open and operate the Kigutu Hospital.
- Establish and maintain relationships with procurement partners.
- Oversight and documentation of all phases of the procurement process, including negotiation of pricing, delivery schedules, maintenance contacts and warranty guarantees.
- Organization of procurement documents including: invoices, shipping documents, BOQ, warranties, donor agreements and government related paperwork.
- Proactively and diplomatically resolve problems related to procurement with both regional and international suppliers
- Prepare importation documentation related to procurement of items in accordance with Burundian requirements to ensure the delivery of goods on time in Kigutu.
- Development, collaboration and mentorship of Burundian based procurement team.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Concentration in Business, Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Import/Export, Public Health, or International Development preferred
- 3 or more years of experience in a manufacturing, operations, public health or development setting required
- Proficient in analytics and data reporting and the ability to gather, extract, and analyze large amounts of numerical data required
- Demonstrated competency working in multiple currencies, multiple country financial and supply chain systems
- Software skills including MS Office (Access & Excel focus) required
- Prior international experience in a developing country preferred
- Working knowledge of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and MRP (Manufacturing Resource Planning) systems preferred
- Clear, concise communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines among competing priorities
- Desire to work with vulnerable, rural, under-served populations
- Dedication to quality health service delivery in developing country contexts, clinical teaching and mentorship
- Experience in cross-cultural work environments preferred
- Superior organizational, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Compassion, resilience, flexibility, dedication, independence, and leadership
Please submit in English: a cover letter, CV, degrees and license, 2 references by June 15th to: email@example.com