Development and Communications Associate
The Development and Communications Associate will work with VHW’s leadership team to create strategic communications that strengthen VHW’s base of individual and institutional support. Under the general supervision of the COO, the Associate will grow VHW’s donor base by enhancing VHW’s visibility in social and traditional media, crafting grant proposals, and helping to organize and orchestrate fundraising events. The ideal candidate is creative, entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, flexible, and able to juggle multiple tasks and thrive in a fastpaced environment.
Under the direction of VHW leadership, the Development and Communications Associate will:
• Document and process incoming donations and ensure correct tracking, allocation, and acknowledgement of donations in a timely fashion.
• Provide support for all fundraising activities including annual campaigns, online
fundraising, grant writing, cultivation efforts, special events, etc.
• Draft donor letters as well as other fundraising materials.
• Maintain quality and accuracy of information in the donor database and files.
• Support design and content management pertaining to the website, social media, and print materials.
• Work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends as needed to provide better donor service.
• Demonstrate trustworthy, respectful, and compassionate behavior appropriate for this social justice organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Minimum two years work experience in related field(s). Fundraising experience in an organization with a reputation for quality and excellence preferred.
• Self-starter with ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work creatively and effectively as a member of a team.
• Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is a must.
• Prior experience with donor databases and social media management preferred.
• Demonstrated commitment to social justice and/or public health preferred.
• Knowledge of French a plus.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; competitive full benefit package provided.
For more information about Village Health Works, please visit our website at
For immediate consideration, please send your cover letter and resume to
Communications Associate” in the subject line.